Thursday, December 16, 2004

What to do?

I haven't really had any compelling desire to blog lately, what with my decision to not bash the holidays this year, things at work in flux yet again, and Comic Book Commentary getting most of my writing attention these days. So much so that I've lost interest in the previously announced Anecdotal Evidence which is supposed to launch next month!

I'm loathe to make this a purely personal journal as I find most of those boring, and have pretty much withdrawn completely from the poetry scene the suspected majority of you reading this know me from. Factor in the necessary break from politics for the next couple of months and I'm at a loss for words.

And yet, I feel vaguely guilty when I go more than a couple of days without posting something here. Like I'm neglecting the only, admittedly tenuous, connection to many of you that I consider friends but don't get to see nearly enough.

I've also noticed my traffic has dipped by almost half over the past month, too, which is a bit of a drag on the ego!

So, what to do?

I know I've announced breaks in the past, only to return a couplafew days later, posting away as usual, but this time I think a break may be coming in a more organic manner. Not because I want to or feel like I need to, rather simply because I don't have anything to say.

Which is weird in and of itself.

"Did Ni Imu Abe Imu."
[Wrapping up a Razor Preserves its Sharpness]
C'est la vie! What ever will be, will be. If you're interested in comics, or just need an occasional dose of Guy, check me out at Comic Book Commentary where I'm committing to posting at least twice a week.

Other than that, if I'm not back here anytime soon, happy holidays and best wishes to you and yours for the new year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the act of writing/ reading shows us we are no longer isolated. i am a loyal reading of your blog. and yet, their are so many things we do not know. there are many windows not open. why bother, you say? when a reader becomes part of your life, merging with ideas, thoughts, doubts, that is powerful. magic occurs.

my name is celestino.