Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hot Butter on Breakfast Toast

The company softball season is rolling along, and after a tough loss last night we are now 4-2, with three games remaining in the regular season. Last two games I played center field and moved up to the second spot in the batting order and have done quite well. Plan on switching back to SS, though, as the main field we play on is rather small and you don't so much as play center field as you play the fence most hits end up clanging off of.

Through five games (I missed our first game of the season), I'm 6-13 (.462) with 2 doubles, 1 triple, 2 walks, 5 runs scored and 5 RBI. Graig Nettles would be proud. ;-)

PS: David Wright is going to make NYers forget that A-Rod guy by the end of this season. They won't even bother booing him anymore, they'll just chant "MVP! MVP!" and everyone will know who they're talking about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your title to this post has left me with a question mark dangling over my head. Help me turn that thing into a light bulb, please.

Guy LeCharles Gonzalez said...

"I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast
but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast"

--Rapper's Delight

Anonymous said...

Sugarhill Gang - good stuff.