Pumpkin Seeds: Wizard of Oz Edition
1. I have no problem with anonymous comments – not everybody wants/needs to sign up for a Blogger account – but to do so maliciously, purposely hiding your identity so you can make hurtful or inflammatory statements is just cowardly, petty bullshit. To go so far as to create a fake Blogger account for the express purpose of tormenting someone you have issues with is even worse. Have the courage to own up to your shit or shut the hell up.
2. This has nothing to do with me directly as I couldn’t care less what an anonymous commenter has to say to/about me or something I write. That kind of thing rolls off my back.
3. Speaking of comments, they’ve been kind of light recently. Talk to me people!
4. NJ Governor Jim McGreevey’s pre-emptive self-outing was a ballsy political move, not the profound historic moment many are making it out to be. The guy is covering his ass with a savvy feint as his corrupt administration falls apart around him. That he himself was about to be implicated for having put his lover on the state payroll, in key positions he was completely unqualified for, is the real reason he’s resigning. His coming out is simply a defensive ploy to keep that aspect of the issue from being used against him.
5. Some idiot on the news had the gall to compare it to Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in baseball. Um…no! I hate it when people attempt to equate certain prejudices with racism, especially in this instance. Robinson wasn’t guilty of anything other than being black when he broke into baseball. While there are definitely many barriers gays face in our society, other than the right to marry, none of then are written into law!
6. The saddest thing about all of this is McGreevey’s speech was an amazing one. Too bad it will be forever tainted by the context in which it was delivered. Imagine if he’d made that speech back in January when he signed NJ’s Domestic Partnership Act into law?
7. Damn, Ebay. I’ve been hooked. In the past couple of days, I’ve bought one lot of 50 random comic books, four packs of D&D Miniatures (Archfiends), and He Hate Me’s XFL rookie card! I’m currently watching a copy of MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #28 (Moon Knight’s 1st Solo appearance), and a complete set of XFL trading cards.
8. I’m two weeks behind on my weekly comic book run and am worried Identity Crisis #3 might sell out before I get uptown. I missed the last issue of the Loki mini-series, again, and will have to get up to Yonkers to hopefully track it down. Might be a good excuse to check out the comic book store over in Riverdale, too.
9. My birthday weekend is here! D&D tonight; party tomorrow; hope to squeeze some Xbox time in there, too. If I owe you an email, and I owe several, I promise to get back on track next week! Late next week, probably, but definitely by Friday. ;-)
10. Go Mets! I still believe.