Monday, November 28, 2005

Brain Dump: Thanksgiving Edition

Turkey Day was as close to perfect as I could imagine; Salomé and the kids, a few friends, some good food, low-stress. Friday we hung out in Jersey, and Saturday and Sunday we chilled. Priceless!

Five things I'm thankful for, in no particular order (except for the first one):

1) Salomé, Isaac and India: Without them, I'd be a leaf in the storm.
2) Friends: Near and far, real and virtual.
3) Extreme Makeover: Home Edition: For demonstrating on a weekly basis that there is still plenty of good left in this world.
4) Comic Books: Because getting to the movies or reading a novel is an Olympian feat these days, and at their best, comic books are a perfect blend of the two.
5) My job: As much as I hate it most days, it's not American Express.

Five things I'm looking forward to, in no particular order:

1) Christmas: Believe it or not! For some reason, I'm not feeling particularly Scroogey this year. And our tree looks really nice.
2) January 2, 2006: When Buzzscope relaunches, a weight will be lifted from my shoulders and I can go back to simply enjoying comic books again.
3) Vs. Cards: I ordered a handful of specific cards this weekend and plan to whoop Danny's ass next time we play.
4) Next summer: If all goes according to our typically vague plan, we might finally get a taste of the life we went looking for in Virginia back in 2002.
5) Writing: Buzzscope and the blogs are cool and keep the motor lubed, but I'm really looking forward to being able to dedicate time to my own writing. One day...

Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Dan Diaz said...

Keep looking forward to number 3, casue it aint gonna happen!!!