Thursday, November 30, 2006

My New Reality

It's been 2.5 months now since I made the transition from marketing to sales, and so far, despite the exponentially increased workload and almost total lack of free time, I'm still pleased with the decision.

It was admittedly a bit nerve-wracking to leave behind 13+ years of experience on one side of the fence to effectively go put my money where my mouth was, but having my first signed contract for 2007 roll off the fax yesterday -- a $329k schedule for Cover 2 in all of our print products -- eased that tension a bit. :-)

This afternoon, my ad director sent this out to our sales team in an email titled: Sales Expense Compliance


Let it load and fast forward past the first 45 seconds of credits. Someone had way too much time on their hands, but it's quite funny and spot on!

No comments: