Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Found parking quickly this morning! Yay!

Salomé and the kids are back tonight! Yay!

Going back to Hartsdale. Boo!

Last night's slam... Need another day to digest it.

Maya Azucena: WOW! The slam took a back seat to her performance.

Read my new poem (the end result from last week's free write) at the end of the showcase. It got some surprisingly strong reactions that caught me off guard as I'm not good with compliments. Not sure if it's because so many people that are around now have never really heard me read or the ones that have are just happy that I'm writing again or what, but it totally threw me how much people said they liked it. Probably one of the most personal things I've ever written, too.

Broke my glasses AGAIN last night, slamdancing with Al and Onome during Lose Yourself. Fortunately, I always carry the Crazy Glue with me nowadays. No more William Shatner moments! NOTE TO SELF: Get some new glasses already!

Reservoir was fun as a bunch of the "newcomers" hung out. Got to know Jayme a little bit better. Cool people. I find it interesting how our group grows so organically. There's the people that try to pry their way in, and there are those that just fit. Jayme fits.

Ok, I lied. I don't think I'll have anything figured out by tomorrow so here goes: last night's slam was WEIRD. Judges didn't really seem to love anything in particular so humor had the edge. They showed Ed no love at all. Til the last round when they gave him the high score of the night! Ishle left her heart on the stage, breaking out new work for the first three rounds, and it wasn't enough for them. They flip-flopped on Marty all night. Shappy came with some of his weaker stuff, opting for pretty straightforward humor the first couple of rounds. Claudia Alick dropped one of the worst poems ever in the last round. Shappy won, Claudia second, Marty third, Hulk mad.

Today's web site: http://www.ucomics.com/boondocks/

No comments: