Saturday, November 6, 2004

Pumpkins Seeds: Note From the Editor Editon

1. Anyone that reads this journal and thinks I'm talking specifically to them, or in a more general sense, to anyone in particular, needs to take what they read here with a huge grain of salt. Perhaps a whole tablespoon. This journal is, and always has been, primarily for my own self-interests. It's my way, an admittedly public and exhibitionistic way, of getting things out of my head and into a form that I can more properly analyze, critique and digest. As I have one of the worst memories of anyone I know, tending towards impressions and emotions over details, I probably read through these archives more than anyone. Don't be offended, don't take it personally, and certainly don't attempt to judge me solely based on whatever I write here.

2. Excepting public figures, there's perhaps five people that can ignore the previous point. In those cases, it's been very personal and they damn well know it.

3. Slept in til 1pm today, completely disrupting my writing plans but allowing me to catch up on some much needed sleep. Banged out another 751 words, though. When stuck, inserting yourself into the story, and taking a couple of self-deprecating pokes at yourself in the process, always helps get the juices flowing again!

4. NaNoWriMo Word Count, Day 6: 4,271 (-5,731)

No comments: