From workers at Borders Books in Ann Arbor:If you want more info on what's happening, check this site out, too: http://www.bordersunion.org/
Workers at Borders Books store #1 in Ann Arbor, MI are on strike as of Saturday, November 8, at 9:00 AM. We do not take this step lightly. By striking, we hope to convince Borders Management to negotiate with us in good faith so we can reach a fair contract and return to our jobs.
We are writing to ask you to support us by:
1. boycotting all Borders, Waldenbooks, and Amazon.com;
2. signing an online petition: Borders Readers
3. calling Borders Headquarters (734-477-1100) to tell them you support us;
4. forwarding this message to all your friends and colleagues!
5. leafleting at a Borders near you (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll find you help!)
If you’re near Ann Arbor, you can also support us by:
1. volunteering to picket with workers in front of the store! (9am-11pm M-Sa, 9am-9pm Sun)
2. joining Borders Readers United, our community support coalition (email email@example.com for info)
In solidarity and thanks,
Borders Workers Union Organizing Committee
Complete information, updates, and pictures at:
And remember, instead of turning to Barnes & Noble, which has its own set of issues to deal with, there's Booksense.com, the independent bookstore alternative. Workers unite!