Saturday, December 20, 2003

One thing led to another, Santa came early and now I'm a Napster-maniac!

What happened was, we were supposed to go to my cousin's kids' Christmas show last night but, minutes before we were ready to leave, India starts throwing up all over the place! She's been sick all week - congested, runny nose - but I think the Robitussin we gave her after she ate dinner pushed her over the edge and there it all was, all over the floor. Oddly, there was phlegm and strawberry milk but no sign of the food she'd just eaten minutes before. Needless to say, we didn't make it to the show.

Plans having changed, I locked myself in the bedroom for a few minutes to wrap Salomé's Christmas gifts and, by the time I was done, particularly excited about the great stuff I'd picked up yesterday at the Union Square Holiday Fair (from Nirvanna Designs and my favorite, Bombora Trading), I was ready to have an early Christmas! So was she, luckily having picked up my gift earlier that day after waiting weeks for it to come back in stock.

What did I get?

Napster Samsung YP-910Word!

The funny thing is that she claims to not have read my journal entry from a couple of months ago where I said I wanted it, coming close to buying me an evil iPOD instead!

Anyway, it comes with 20 free songs from Napster which was a lot harder to pick than I thought it would be, not wanting to duplicate stuff I already have on CD or dig too extensively through the crates. It took about 30 minutes to pick them (plus the hour or so it took to get the thing hooked up to my computer properly!) but only 10 minutes to download and transfer.

I LOVE Napster!!!!

Napster 20_v1

Lose Yourself, Eminem
Youth of the Nation, P.O.D.
The Boys of Summer, The Ataris
Harder to Breathe, Maroon 5
The Freshman, The Verve Pipe
Superman, Five for Fighting
White Flag, Dido
Drift Away, Uncle Kracker
Landslide, Dixie Chicks
How You Gonna Act Like That?, Tyrese
My Love is Like...Wo!, Mya
Where is the Love?, Black Eyed Peas
Cell Therapy, Goodie Mob
Hey Ya!, Outkast
Relax, Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Blurry, Puddle of Mudd
Plush, Stone Temple Pilots
Kryptonite, 3 Doors Down
Be Like That, 3 Doors Down
Wasting My Time, Default

No comments: