Tuesday, April 27, 2004

From August 25, 2003:

Speaking of next year, I'm making a To Do list for the run-up to 35. I've got 356 more days to get it all done:

1. Write 3 short stories/novellas; publish one;
2. Write & publish 2 articles, one non-poetry-related;
3. Produce 3 performance events;
4. Go back to school;
5. Reconnect with my not-so-inner nerd;
6. Lose 5 more pounds and tone up;
7. Unsubscribe from the poetry_slam listserve.
112 days to go and I'm way behind on this.

Completed:
5. Reconnect with my not-so-inner nerd;
7. Unsubscribe from the poetry_slam listserve.

In progress:
1. Write 3 short stories/novellas;
3. Produce 3 performance events;
6. Lose 5 more pounds and tone up.

In question:
1. Publish one short story/novella;
2. Write & publish 2 articles, one non-poetry-related.

Dead in the water:
4. Go back to school.

That last one is dead in the way I meant it when I originally wrote it, but may be revived in one form or another in the near future. This is one intriguing possibility. As is this. And this.

Moving to the top of the list, though, is an agenda for the next 5 years. The big 4-0 is looming and I'm not going to let it sneak up on me. Yikes!

No comments: