Friday, October 15, 2004

Late-Friday Randomness...

Assuming this cold we're all fighting doesn't ruin things, tomorrow's birthday party for the kids should be fun. We're expecting 12 kids altogether, the most by far to be in our place at one time. Never mind the 20 or so adults accompanying them!

Isaac was sick as a dog for his first birthday party and he and India have both been coughing with runny noses for the past few days. They're two handfuls normally, and sick kids become cranky kids, so this morning was a nightmare getting them out of the house without Salomé. Plus, I feel like crap - low energy, tight sinuses, sneezing. And on such a beautiful day!

Yesterday's political commentary got some interesting responses here and a bunch more on my LiveJournal, where I cross-posted it. Some people didn't seem to realize I was writing out of frustration and one even tried to take me to task for my comments with some half-assed, presumptuous nonsense that almost got me to break out the flamethrower. If there's one thing I'll never apologize for, it's my standards for something I'm passionate about, whether they be high (politicians) or low (Team America: World Police).

Senators and House Representatives make $158,100/year, paid for by my/our/your taxes, so fuck yeah I hold them to a higher standard!

I'm taking Sou's advice, though, and taking a break from political debates for a bit. I get too worked up and it taints my mood for everything else. Whatever's going to happen on November 2nd has already been determined so it's a kicking a dead horse anyway. I'm going to recharge and get myself ready for the next round starting on November 3rd. No matter who wins, it's only the beginning of a long struggle to get back to something even resembling sanity.

It's been more than a month since I played some Dungeons & Dragons and I'm really looking forward to the escape from reality tonight. New DM, new campaign, new character.

Out of the blue, Salomé decided she wants to get dressed up for Halloween this year and already has her costume picked out. The same woman who, the only other time she's dressed up since we've been together, and then by force, wore all black and called herself negativity! I haven't the slightest idea what I want to be and haven't liked anything I've come across yet. I guess I could always put on a suit, blacken my eyes, drool and call myself Corporate Drone. Other suggestions welcome...

Red Sox will take the next three games in Boston. St. Louis will finish up their sweep of the Astros. Jets will go 5-0, beating San Fran 38-17. Three of my fantasy football teams will win.

That is all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Late night for me.........

I will miss your political commentary (due to your just announced "break" from discussion.) Really though, I feel you on so many points. I guess I'll be forced now to debate with some half-fool about his/her poorly backed up opinions who wouldn't see the danger in a speeding train headed directly for them even if they were on the track. (Honestly, no pun or reference to the current state of affairs intended.)

I hope the kids b-day party tomorrow goes off without a hitch.

Khola

yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey-

Came across your blog today. Great stuff. Best of luck to your fantasy squads this weekend.

Noticed you were a sports fan. Hoping you could add a Blogroll link to my "College Basketball Blog,"
http://collegeball.blogspot.com. I'd very much appreciate a link on your site.

And would gladly return the favor, adding you to my blogroll.

Thanks!

Yoni Cohen, http://collegeball.blogspot.com
College Basketball Blog

Anonymous said...

you meant the NEXT three games, right? I already asked Nick if he preferred synthetic angled brooms to the natural cornstalk ones. There is a ray of hope for you Met fans--seems as tho they are seriously considering Willie Randolph for the managerial position. Nothing like a little Yankee blue...
The Jets; can you say skin of the teeth? They're not even going to cover! Sheesh.
kr

Eliel Lucero said...

Umm I think you should wear the batman PJ's