Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My Sanctum Sanctorum



Among other things, that's a signed/numbered photo of the Oct. 9, 1977 fight between Graig Nettles and George Brett up on the wall, and a Nettles autographed baseball in the box on the lower shelf. The boxing glove is the runner-up trophy we got from the 1999 National Poetry Slam, which I hold in slightly higher esteem than the 1998 Championship trophy because 1999 was my team, from my venue. The Moon Knight figurines and the Buddha are what pass for totems. The stamper in front of the Buddha says: "Aspire to Be"



The books are, from left to right: Understanding Comics, Scott McCloud; Gotham Central: Half a Life TPB, Greg Rucka & Michael Lark; the Dictionary; Blankets, Craig Thompson; Writing New York: A Literary Anthology; Project: Superior, AdHouse Books; 100 Girls: The First Girl, Adam Gallardo & Todd Demong; What a Long, Strange Strip It's Been, Keith Knight; No Plot? No Problem!, Chris Baty; The Batman Handbook, Scott Beatty; The Writer's Book of Wisdom: 100 Rules; Black Images in the Comics, Fredrik Stromberg.

I'd much rather be sitting there writing than anything I currently do from 9-to-5.

No comments: