Thursday, May 22, 2003

Been busy actually working today, forgot how much time I'd been wasting on personal stuff the past few weeks!

Tonight's the Pepátian: Jump It Up reading in the Bronx and I'm really looking forward to it. There's apparently 14 different artists on the bill and I've got 7 minutes to perform! What do you read for 7 minutes, especially when you're in the midst of a bunch of poets, singers and dancers?!?! It's a showcase for Bronx Artists so it's a no-brainer that I'll read one of my Bronx poems. Which one, though? And what else with it? Can really only fit 2-3 poems into a 7-minute slot. Guess I'll figure it out on the train ride up there.

[NOTE TO SELF: Write something funny before the end of the summer. You need an ice-breaker you depressing mofo!]

Checked out the space online and it seems like a cool venue. Hope they get a good turnout for the show. Curious to see what the mix of Bronxites vs. scenesters is. Getting people out of Manhattan can be a bitch sometimes.

No comments: